Friday, March 4, 2011

Personal (Affect) #2. My dad's broken glasses

The glasses were found in the cockpit of the airplane.
November 21, 2006 is a day my family will never forget.  My father boarded a Piper Cherokee single engine airplane in Mayfield Ky to attend a meeting in Frankfort Ky.  Engine failure caused the airplane to crash short of Frankfort.  My father and the pilot survived the crash but sustained serious permanent injuries.  


I can't stand the thought of the chaos and horror of being in that airplane with the knowledge of their impending doom.  I wish my dad didn't have to go through such a horrific accident.  Dad's glasses were found in the cockpit of the airplane after the crash.  I keep them to remind myself that dad is a survivor and he wont have to witness something like this ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers